Section 9– Notice to Individuals in California
This section only applies to individuals who are residents of California under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and other California privacy laws (together, “California Laws”).California Laws permit California residents to ask us for a notice that identifies the categories of Personal Information that we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and that provides contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us at the address provided under the “Questions &Contact Information” section.
1. Personal Information Collected
|Personal Information We Collect
- Information You Provide to Us (§1.1)
- Usage Information Automatically Collected (§1.2)
|Categories of Information
- Electronic Data
|Purposes for Collection of Personal Information
- To Communicate with You (§2)
- To Improve Our Website and Services (§2)
- To Comply with Applicable Laws (§2)
|Sources of Personal Information
- We collect information information you provide directly from you as an individual.(§1.1)
- We collect Usage Information that are automatically collected through your use of the website (service data, log data, and cookies and similar tracking technologies) (§1.2)
|Types of Third Parties with Whom We Share Personal Information
- Third Party Real Estate Developers or Management Companies (§3.1)
- Third Party Service Providers (§3.2)
- Merger, Bankruptcy, or Corporate Reorganiztaion(§3.3)
- Legal Obligations and Safety(§3.4)
The section references (§) relate to the applicable sections in this Policy.
2. Rights of California Residents. Under California Laws, California residents have the following rights (“Rights”) listed below. Your Rights to disclosure, access, and deletion are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose specific pieces of Personal Information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the Personal Information or the security of our business’s systems of networks.
a. Disclosure & Access Rights: California consumers have the right to request, in writing, from us: (i) a list of the categories of Personal Informationand the type of services provided to the customer, that we have disclosed to third parties (including independent affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (ii) the names and addresses of all such third parties. In addition, California residents have the right to request that we disclose to them (i) the categories of Personal Information we have collected about them, (ii) the categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected, (iii) the business or commercial purpose for the information collection, (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared Personal Information, and (v) the specific pieces of Personal Information we hold about an individual.
b. Deletion Rights: California consumers have the right to have their Personal Information deleted, unless the Personal Information is necessary for us or a service provider to:
- complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer;
- detect security incidents;
- protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity (or prosecute those responsible);
- debug to identify and repair functionality errors;
- exercise or ensure the right of another to exercise free speech or another legal right;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act, which compels the production of or access to electronic communication information or electronic device information with a search warrant;
- engage in research in the public interest (if the consumer has provided informed consent);
- to enable solely internal uses aligned with the consumer’s expectations given their relationship with the business;
- comply with a legal obligation; and
- otherwise use the information internally in a lawful manner compatible with the context in which the consumer provided it.
c. Do Not Sell: Californian consumers have the right to opt-out of having their Personal Information sold. We do not sell your Personal Information.
3. Response Time. We will handle requestspursuant to the applicable law in California. When a request is made, we may verify your identity to protect your privacy and security. We will respond to written rights requests within 30 days following receipt at the email or mailing address stated below. If we receive your request at a different email or mailing address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.